Image Map

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Birchbox


  Finally got my first Birchbox in the mail today! I was pretty excited to see what little beauty samples awaited me.

 My box contained: Zoya fingernail polish in "Noel," a sample of Kate Spade's fragrance "Twirl," Supersmile toothpaste, Jouer lip enhancer and a Alex and Isabelle hair tie.




  Overall, I'm not super impressed, but not really let down either. Before trying it out I had read some bad reviews about Birchbox, saying that the samples were mediocre or bad. So I wasn't expecting to be blown away.

  The thing I'm most excited about is the nail polish, I never paint my nails and hate spending money on polish (it's so expensive!). Kate Spade's fragrance is nice, very fresh and sweet. The lip balm has a rosy scent to it, and feels good on the lips. But it's such a small amount, I'm sure it will be lost by tomorrow. The hair tie is nice...but let's be honest...it's a piece of elastic. And the toothpaste? Haven't tried it yet...but I have plenty of toothpaste. And I mean, it's toothpaste. I wanted beauty products, not oral hygiene products!



   I'm going to give it another month. Like I said, I'm not let down. I'm sure a lot of the $10 a month goes towards the packaging (which was super cute) and shipping. I just better not get any freakin' toothpaste next month, or pieces of elastic.

   What do you guys think? Total rip off? I was a little bit less excited about my box once I went to Birchbox.com and saw all the possible things I could have gotten. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for being less than impressed but I would be totally excited about the nail polish as well!

    I couldn't have summed up my feelings any better. You said it perfect and I totally agree with you about the way it turned out :)

    Hopefully next month comes with a better selection!

    xoxohannah
    a cup of subtle tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard great things about Birchbox from other bloggers, so I'm glad to hear this perspective. I've debated signing up and, after this post, I know I need to continue to give it more thought. $10 a month isn't a lot, but, if you don't like what you're receiving, it can be a waste. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I hope your stash improves next month!

    Splendiferous Inclinations

    ReplyDelete
  3. A surprise in a box is always nice-even if you have to pay a little bit for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.