Image Map

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Little Elephant at Jinx 1/21/12

    I've been so busy these past few days with work and school, that I haven't had any time to update. But I finally have an extra few hours to drink a glass of iced coffee, and give this blog some love.
    On Saturday night, Tommy's band, The Little Elephant, had a show at Jinx Art Space. Tommy has done quite a bit of volunteering at Jinx, and it's a great little venue for local bands and artists. Newly renovated, Jinx has a large area for bands to play, and artists to work. My favorite part is a little corner filled with...well all sorts of random knickknacks, plants, lights and various other things. It's quite beautiful in a great and very odd way.
    The band played great, and a few of Tommy's friends from down south were able to come up and watch. I got on a guest list for the first time, which made me feel pretty bad ass. They are a really fun band to listen to and watch. As I type this, I am actually listening to them practice in the garage.


      Man, is it hard to get good pictures at shows! Between the lighting and all the movement, I was bummed most of my pictures came out rather blurry or dark. It's good practice for me though. Here is that little corner I mentioned. There were so many details that I wish I would have taken more pictures!

3 comments:

  1. this place is rad! ps so happy to have won your little giveaway of lipstick! thanks so much. i'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you earlier! If you would like to email me your address, I can get it shipped out to you this week or next at the latest. My email is amandakbybay@hotmail.com.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.