Image Map

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

French Toast Casserole



  For claiming to not be much of a breakfast person, I sure ate lot of good breakfast over spring break. It probably had everything to do with being able to sleep in regularly.

  I made this french toast casserole with some leftover, somewhat stale bread and ohhhh man was it good. If you like bread pudding, you gotta make this. Because that's basically what it is. Try it cold as well!



French Toast Casserole:

1/2 of a french baguette (sliced)
4 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
butter to grease pan

1. Lightly grease a 8x8 pan with butter.
2. Slice baguette and arrange in pan.
3. Mix all ingredients, and pour over bread. Let sit overnight.
4. In the morning, preheat oven to 350.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bread has puffed up and is golden brown.
6. Cover with berries, or syrup. A side of bacon is highly recommended.

* I made a berry syrup out of some fresh blackberries. I sprinkled my blackberries with powdered sugar, and mashed them with a fork until I got some juice. I added a bit of water, and put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm. Yum!

6 comments:

  1. OH my gosh!! This looks so delicious!!! I love french toast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm drooling. oh my gosh. this sounds delicious. and looks it. yum. i just bookmarked this.

    <3 katherine

    fashion.kitkatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my deliciousness!!!!!! heavenly!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast person or not... there are few things better than french toast =P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.