Image Map

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

happy birthday amber!

When my sister Amber was born, I asked my mom if we could take her back (no joke). I was five at the time, and must have thought having a baby sister was going to be a lot different. As we grew up, we went through ups and downs. It was all normal sister stuff, and being five years apart meant we were always at very different developmental periods. 

When I was in 5th grade, she was in kindergarden and wanted to hang out with me and my friends. It got worse as I went into middle school; I think it was a combination of me being a bitchy middle schooler, and her being a little kid, full of energy. Unfortunately, I remember not being very nice to her during this time. 

I'm not quite sure when our relationship started to turn around. Amber got older and more mature, and so did I. I started to see her as an ally and an equal instead of the little girl trying to tag along. She developed strong opinions and a wicked sense of humor. All of a sudden she was my favorite shopping buddy, a person to confide in, and somebody who was both similar and completely different than me. All of a sudden she became my best friend. 

It has truly been so fun to watch you grow up, Amber. I am so thankful to have such a brave, hilarious and beautiful little sister. I can't wait to see where you go, and what you accomplish in the next few years. Love you. 

Happy, happy birthday. 




6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday sweet Amber! Great post Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both have such great smiles! and great dresses. happy birthday to her!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so fun how our sister become our best friends as time goes on.... There are 8 years between me and my next sister, and 10 between me and the last, but now, we're all on equal footing, and lovin' it! :-) Happy birthday to your little sis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.