Image Map

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chocolate & Avocado Chia Seed Pudding

I love, love love chia seeds! I know I already proclaimed this love not long ago, but really guys, chia seeds are awesome.

One of my new favorite things to do with chia seeds is make pudding, because it's about the easiest thing in the world. Chia seeds thicken when introduced to liquid, so they are perfect for pudding! Simply mix ingredients, refrigerate and enjoy! I'll probably have a few more chia seed pudding recipes soon...I've got ideas.



You need:
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 & 1/2 cup chocolate milk (I used soy milk)
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tbs cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Extra Dark)
1 tsp vanilla

1. Mash avocado until extremely smooth. Resist urge to make guacamole.
2. Mix chocolate milk, chia seeds, vanilla and cocoa powder until well blended.

3. Mix in avocado.
4. Place in refrigerator and let sit for about 3 hours. Pudding will thicken over time.
*You may want to add more milk if pudding becomes too thick after a day or two.

 Keep away from kitties. They will want to get at that puddin'.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooa! This sounds really strange... but yummy! Might just have to try this one!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.