Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

3 Weird Music Genres (That Aren't Really That Weird)

Today Allie from Call Me Sassafras is sharing three odd music genres (that really are not that strange.) I always like to check out different types of music, so I enjoyed giving these a listen. My favorite has got to by the electro-swing!


Hey y'all! I'm Allie and I blog over at Call Me Sassafras. The name comes from a nickname that my longtime boyfriend calls me when I'm being, well, sassy! My blog is a place where we can celebrate our uniqueness + intelligence. I'm all about owning my quirks, whether that includes my obsession with dinosaurs or tendency to sing really loud in the car! 

One of said quirks is that I listen to weird music. But like good weird! When it comes to music, don't restrict yourself to a genre. Don't say, "I like rap!" or "I like pop" when there's so much more you probably haven't given a chance yet! So today for example, I'm gonna give you three kinds of music and I challenge you to give them a try. They sounded weird to me at first too, but there's beauty in trying something new!

Example one. Celtic rock. Wanted to feel classy and badass and dramatic all at the same time? This is for you. And I don't drink, but these sure would make a heck of a drinking song. Bagpipes can be awesome, man. Especially with those electric guitars. (More here.) 



................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Example two. Electro-swing. Stick with me guys, just try them once! This is 1920s style swing, remixed with some techno. I don't like techno, but I love this kind of music. Start off easy with a cover of Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" and go on from there. The first two both have rad, retro videos too.


................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Example three, the weirdest of them all: Gregorian chants. So maybe this isn't music, but it's so relaxing to listen to, especially after a long stressful day. Like all of the above, give it a chance!


Gregorian Chants How about that! Very La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc, right?

 So what did you think? Weird/worthless or weird/wonderful? Do you have any weird music likes? If you like things like this (or I do post "normal" music too), head over to my blog! You can see more playlists here, here and here. And be sure to know you're coming from here--leave your blog and I'll check you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.