Image Map

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful

Oh hey there! It's been a while. Life has been a little busy lately, and unfortunately this blog has taken a back seat. I'm sure none of you have been crazy busy with the holidays, right? ;) I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was full of pie, baked brie and of course turkey and family, so I would say it was a success. Oh, and having this view while enjoying all that deliciousness wasn't bad either!


The next few days are going to be a whirlwind because I'm starting a new job on Monday! I'm really excited to start a new chapter and dive into something completely new. Black Friday marked my last day in retail, and I'm thrilled. I worked at Macy's as a Clinique consultant for the past three years, and while the experience overall was great, I needed something new. So, on Monday I will be starting my new job as a social media assistant for a local soap making supply company, Bramble Berry. I'm excited and nervous, but oh-so ready. 

It's funny to think that while my college degree certainly helped, this blog gave me a lot of the skills needed for my new position. When I started blogging, I really had no idea what I was doing. I didn't know how to use my camera, I didn't really know what I wanted to blog about, and I had no idea how awesome the blogging community was. I have learned so much through blogging, and I'm so glad to have found a hobby that I can be really proud of and passionate about. 

I know I'm a few days late, but I wanted to say how thankful I am for blogging. Yeah, it sounds a little corny, but it has opened up doors that a few years ago were closed to me. It inspires and pushes me to try new things. It provides a platform to share with others and connect with people all over the world. I'm so glad I made the crazy/scary decision to share my thoughts, ideas, creations and my life online. It has been an amazing experience so far, and I can't wait to see where else it takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.