Image Map

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Guest Post: Chocolate Chip Donuts with Blueberry Glaze


Today I'm really excited to have Lauren from Love Lola here to share with you this amazing recipe for Chocolate Chip Donuts with Blueberry Glaze. Holy yum! As you may know, I'm a huge fan of blueberries and love throwing them in my recipes (ie: Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Blueberry & Peanut Butter Green Smoothie, and Red Velvet and Blueberry Ice Cream), so these donuts are right up my alley.

If you haven't checked out Lauren's blog before, what are you waiting for? Not only do her recipes look awesome, Lauren is an expert when it comes to sneaking healthy ingredients into a dish! This Blackberry and Beet Chocolate Cake looks incredible, and she even has a whole collection of tasty gluten-free recipes.

Take it away, Lauren!



I have never been one to love donuts. Cookies, yes. But donuts…not so much. I actually had my first Krispy Kreme donut this year. And if you’re from South Carolina, that’s a big deal. But then I bought a donut mold and started experimenting in the kitchen.  And now I can officially say, I am a donut lover.


I love that when making them myself, I have the flexibility to bake them, instead of fry them, and to add some healthier ingredients, such as greek yogurt in these chocolate chip donuts. It makes the occasional indulgence just a little bit healthier, which I don’t think anyone can complain about. Especially when they taste as delicious as these guys do.

I hope you enjoy them! And thanks for having me, Amanda!

Chocolate Chip Donuts with Blueberry Glaze
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cake flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 large egg, & 1 egg yol
  • 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar + 1 tbsp.
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
Glaze:
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp. vanilla soy milk

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. in a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. in a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar. add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and soy milk and continue to whisk. pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. mix in the chocolate chips.
2. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray and add dough to each pan. the key here is to add minimal dough to each mold. i'm always tempted to pile it up, but with a donut pan, you only need a little dough in each. bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
3. While the donuts are cooking, prepare the glaze. using a food processor puree the blueberries. transfer the pureed berries to a bowl and whisk in the powdered sugar. add the vanilla extract and soy milk. for a thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar. refrigerate for about 30 minutes, while the donuts are cooling.
4. once the donuts have been cooked and cooled, dip each one into the bowl of glaze. let dry, and enjoy! eat up, and stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.